Saturday, June 7, 2008

"I'm Happy!!"





We started off summer with our first camping trip of the season last weekend with our neighbors Marc, Janis, Dillon, and Emma (and one of Evan's latest toys, a new car-top carrier for all of the gear)!  After arriving at the campsite, unpacking a bit, and settling in to eat dinner, Georgia leans into Evan and excitedly proclaims, "I'm happy!!!"    Even later that evening in the tent as she crawled into her sleeping bag she said it again, this time, and I quote, "I'm so happy, excited and happy!"  The kids all had fun racing pine cones in the creek that ran by the campsite, eating smores by the fire, and pumping water from the well.  We also went fishing (Evan caught 2!) and did a little bit of hiking.  The view from Panorama Point was amazing.  Wyatt was sad to head home Sunday saying that he wanted to stay for 4 nights.  So, more camping to come in the near future.
 

1 comment:

Karen and Scott said...

looks like a fun trip! I love the picture of Georgia and Daddy!